Friday, February 22, 2008

WEEK 8 - Gulls on ice - Oil on canvas - 10" x 10"

SOLD

Went for a walk along the waterfront in downtown Kelowna and saw these seagulls congregating on the ice near the marina. It was a great day and kind of felt like spring.

I want to capture the little things that we often miss because we are too busy. It is in this that I find my challenges as an artist, to take everyday experiences and turn them into paintings. Hope you enjoy!

I'm a bit early posting this painting.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with being early! That only means you have been inspired!
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave! Nice work, I am noticing your depth is getting fuller and fuller is this something you are intentionally working on or could it be a bi-product of focusing of your gift?
    Either way I likey!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave
    I like this one the best so far.
    Good perspective and nice shading on the ice.
    Derek

    ReplyDelete