Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Painting Musings

It is day nine of my painting for 2008, and I have to say I love the change. I think the best decision was to do a painting a week. It has helped me to focus on short term goals that are managable. The format for the Painting a Week is 10" x 10" and at first I thought that would be a reasonable size to work at, but as I'm now on my second painting, I'm finding it's a bit of a challenge to lay out a picture in a square format. Even though it may be a challenge, it creates opportunity to grow in the composition and layout side of a painting. Fifty one and a half more to go.

As you might have noticed, I've added a slide show to show you other recent work. To see more go to www.davewatland.com

Thanks again for your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment